100% Merino Wool Felt
These 100% Merino Wool Felt sheets are available in a range of sizes starting from 20cm x 30cm (8" x 12") to 100cm x 180cm (40" x 72") and by the metre. The actual bolt length is 180cm (72") wide and a full bolt can be purchased on request. It is of superb quality and perfect for many applications if you need something a little wider for your needs.
The 100% Merino Wool Felt is saturated with colour, soft, and evenly dense. The entire Merino Wool Felt collection is manufactured in Europe, home of the highest quality felting factories. They use the fleece that lies closest to the skin of the sheep. Thus, my felt is extremely soft and durable. The Merino Wool is sourced from over 80% of Australian and New Zealand Merino Sheep and has qualities that are unmatched by the synthetic felt or wool felt blends. It cuts smoothly, does not fray at the edges is pill, fuzz and stretch resistant and is evenly dense throughout.
My Felt Lady 100% Merino Wool Felt is perfect for the hobbyist, small business owners and professional designers alike. And because the felt is of the highest quality, your product will last and retain the look originally intended.
Importantly, my 100% wool felt is non-toxic and ecologically friendly. It is completely biodegradable, non-flammable and safe for babies, children, and pets.
100% Merino Wool Felt is great for: needle felting projects, doll-making, felt flowers for headbands, wreaths, or scrapbooks, rugs, purses, cellphone and laptop covers and just about any other project you can think of!
- Milled from the finest factories in Europe
- Composition - 100% Merino Wool
- Thickness - 1.1 mm (3/69 inch)
- Non-raveling - > easy to cut in any direction with no hemming needed
- Excellent rub resistance
- Uses: fashion coats, costumes, children's clothing, craft flowers, ottomans, cushions, pillows, drapes, rugs, table coverings, stuffed animals, educational toys such as play food
- Certified safe for babies and children under Oeko-Tex Standard 100. The Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 is globally uniform testing and certification system for textiles. Product has been tested for chemicals known to be harmful to health, such as lead, and conforms to the highest safety class (class 1).
- Dry clean for best result. Optional: Spot clean with damp towel. Felt will shrink when exposed to heat such as a dryer or iron. To preserve felt in original state, allow felt to air dry, use cool iron if necessary. Place wool in a dryer if you want a boiled wool appearance. Fabric will shrink dramatically in the dryer and become thicker, with shrinkage dependent on heat setting. Test washing techniques with a small piece of wool first.
100% Pure Wool Felt
The 100% Pure Wool Felt distinguishes itself from others by its woollier look and a slightly greater weight per meter weighing approximately 450 grams per meter. The felt is made from pure wool from South American breeds of sheep and produced in Europe.
The properties of 100% Pure Wool Felt make this material extremely suitable and safe for children’s toys. Furthermore, 100% Pure Wool Felt is often used for interior decoration, wall finishing and upholstery.
The 100% Pure Wool Felt is also used in theatres, photo studios, architectural purposes and for luxurious trade show presentations.
Thanks to the natural character of this 100% woollen felt, it has a huge number of applications and is a highly valued product. This makes it impossible to imagine our textile world without it.
- Made from pure wool from South American sheep
- Milled from the finest factories in Europe
- The woollen felt that is dyed with non-toxic and heavy metal-free dyes which satisfy the EN 71, art. 1, 2 and 3 guidelines
- Safe for children and can be used in children’s toys
- Machine-washable using a wool program no warmer than 30 degrees
- Can shrink just slightly, but usually no more than 5%.
- Can be ironed using an average warm temperature
- Flame retardant and can be used for heat and sound insulation.
How To Order 100% Merino & Pure Wool Felt
When ordering 100% Merino Wool Felt you can select the following sizes.
- 20cm x 30cm (8" x 12")
- 30cm x 40cm (12" x 16")
- 45cm x 50cm (18" x 20")
- 50cm x 90cm (20" x 36")
- 90cm x 100cm (36" x 40")
These sheets are precut and sent as single sheets; these will not be cut as one piece if multiple items of the same colour is purchased.
Where possible the following will be cut single if more than 1 combination of the same colour is purchased up to 25 meters.
- 1m x 1.8m (full Bolt Length)
Purchase more than one colour in the 1m x 1.8m for a continuous cut up to 25 metres